Back to Top
Why Buy In Blue Springs?
With so many large municipalities surrounding our area it is always tempting to drive outside Blue Springs to shop. If we all take the time to think about where our purchases are made and if we stopped, thought, and made conscious decisions to buy Blue Springs, it would mean more for all of us!
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy – Your dollars spent in the local economy have three times the impact on Blue Springs as dollars spent outside of the area. When shopping in businesses in Blue Springs, you simultaneously create jobs and fund more city & county services through sales tax. This is investing in neighborhood improvements, police, fire and ambulance services as well as cultural arts, parks, and libraries. Buying locally promotes community development.
- Jobs and Wages – Buying locally helps Blue Springs businesses provide jobs for local residents.
- Entrepreneurship – Buying locally supports entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity, and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Competition – Buying locally supports a competitive marketplace. Supporting local small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
- Product Diversity – Buying locally encourages product diversity. Local businesses select products based on the needs and interests of their local customers, guaranteeing a much broader range of product choices for the citizens of Blue Springs.
- Local Decision Making – Local businesses make important decisions by people who live in the community and who will feel the impact of those decisions. Buying locally shows our businesses that we appreciate their commitment to and investment in Blue Springs.
- Community Well-Being – Shopping locally helps to build strong neighborhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and by encouraging contributions to local causes.